Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

12 Weeks! The end of the first trimester.

Yesterday marked the big 12 week milestone and the end of the first trimester. I am very happy to report that all is well with Baby Paicey. We had our first midwife appointment yesterday which was quite uneventful. I had bloods taken and gave a wee sample as well as answering loads of standard health questions.
What we are really looking forward to is our NT scan next week when I am 13 weeks.. I do have to admit that I got rather impatient and we paid for an early scan last week which was ridiculously amazing! Best £99 we have ever spent. Our little Jelly Bean (or JB) as my Mum now calls it, was wriggling and kicking away which was so cool to see. Mr P was shocked and couldn't believe I couldn't feel the acrobatics but the sonographer filled us in that our baby was only teeny tiny and I wouldn't be able to feel any movement for at least another month.



Hubby and I started taking pics of the 'bump' at 10 weeks and took another at 12 weeks and we were both very surprised at how much my tummy had grown. I still look like I ate too much pasta (which i probably have) instead of pregnant but its still really cool seeing my changing shape. I had to go bra shopping today and I have gone from a B cup to a D cup! 


10 Weeks..


12 Weeks..


So now that I am officially entering the second trimester I am patiently waiting for that gorgeous pregnancy 'glow' to kick in. In this twelfth week I am still feeling super tired and am suffering from indigestion and heart burn (already). The midwife suggested I sleep with my pillow up high so that I am slightly upright. Last night was a good nights sleep so she may be onto something xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: