Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

23 Weeks Pregnant

How far along:  23 weeks, 2 days

38 Inches around my belly button
Symptoms:  My lower back. Its killing me! For the last couple of weeks I've had such a sore lower back. To bend down, stand up, move in bed or walk up stairs or a hill it hurts a lot. I've been wearing only flat converse shoes for the past week and my hubby brought me a pregnancy pillow from JoJo Maman Bebe to try to relieve the pain so I'm hoping it subsides before I get any bigger. Other than that, I feel great. Loving this stage of the pregnancy with my bump growing nicely and people starting to notice I'm not just putting on weight. I feel really motivated to get things done around the house and doing my usual share of washing, cooking, tidying, organising etc whereas in the first trimester my husband was picking up all the slack as I was like a sloth on the sofa.

Sleep:  This week I've started using my new maternity body support pillow and it is comfortable and supportive, but I do feel I have to move it around when I wake up in the night to adjust it so its just taking a while to get used too. Its quite bulky so it disturbs Mr P's sleep but we will both get used to it and anything to help my back and support my belly is welcome in our bed. At this point in the pregnancy it is advised that you try not to sleep on your back due to the weight of the uterus laying on an artery which can cause dizziness. Getting used to side sleeping is also tricky so hugging the pillow helps me stay on my side.

Weight Gain:  I've put on 7kg now which is just over a stone in weight. I've downloaded an average weight gain chart for pregnancy and I am at the heavier end of average.

Food:  I am an eating machine. Always willing and eager to eat. I try to eat healthy but theres always room for dessert these days. If you can't do it when you are pregnant, then when can you? I did say the other night that I do look forward to trying to look my best post pregnancy and exercising and eating healthy.

Movement:  Lots and lots of movement and kicking, which I love. Its so reassuring to feel your baby move. I always tell Mr P when his babe is having a little moving session. He has felt kicks a few times when we have been in bed laying flat and still, as thats when the little one usually kicks about more or when I can notice it more. The scan showed I have a high anterior placenta which means its on the front wall of my uterus so the kicks are probably felt less hard than other people can feel them at this stage.

Belly Button:  Still an Innie! But its half and half at times with the top part going flat.

Stretch Marks:   None to date but I had a little scare this week. I must have scratched my belly as I had 2 red lines side by side. My heart sank as I couldn't help but think that if I had them this early then they would be everywhere when I get big. A couple of hours later and the marks had disappeared thankfully. Im lathering on my Mamamio tummy rub each night and it smells so good.

Looking forward too:  Starting pregnancy yoga. The classes are on Saturday mornings and are sold in bundles of 7 classes for £84

Bump:  Growing and growing. Im getting too big for lots of my tops now. I've got some maternity tops on order at Asos which I hope are nice as I've struggled to find ones I like for a reasonable price.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: