Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

24 & 25 Weeks update

Eeeek time is flying by and April will be officially over when the sun goes down tonight. We've had some lovely spring weather here in London which I LOVE. This means lots of lunching on the river in Kingston Upon Thames and lots of day dreaming about summer with our baby in tow! My Mum is flying over from Australia when baby Paicey is born to meet her first grandchild and to help us settle in at home. We are very lucky that Mr P's parents are also coming, so I keep mentally taking notes on where we can all take the baby for walks and which cafes and restaurants look the most pram friendly.

Im 25 Weeks, 4 days pregnant so I'm just a few days off being pregnant for half a year! I am missing  a few things at this point. The first being soft poached eggs! Oh how I miss these delights. Then I'll be honest and say I'm missing drinking alcohol! I really miss the social factor of getting together with friends and having a glass of wine or just having a drink with my husband at our local. And I'm seriously missing sleeping on my stomach and back. Just over 3 months to go until I get to sample these delights and drool into my pillow again (in between broken sleep).

We had our regular 24 week GP appointment last week where I had my blood pressure taken and we listened to baby Paicey's heartbeat on the doppler, which was such a wonderful sound.
From the  24 week point they start measuring the bump from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus in centimetres. The measurement should be on or near to your babies gestational age in weeks, give or take 3 centimetres. My bump was measuring 24 centimetres so it was pretty accurate and all was good!

25 Weeks bump.

Baby Paicey is growing and moving a lot now. The movement is so strong and it literally puts a smile on my face every time. I can feel the baby turning over and kicking in both of my sides. Last night was the first night I have been woken up from the strong movement and my uterus was hardening at various points in the day which was uncomfortable but not painful at all.

I am so hungry! I could eat for days. Last night for dinner we made a chicken and mushroom pie (very yummy!) and after my giant man-sized portion I was still so hungry, whereas Mr P said he was so full. This growing a baby business is hard work!

My little 'bowling ball'.
I started to clear out a chest of drawers to make way for babies clothing and bits and pieces and it was great to see what we have and what we still need. I realised we have more 0 - 3 month pieces and not much newborn so we will have some fun picking out a few more things. I've been really restrained with buying things as I would rather wait until we know if its a baby boy or girl so we can go crazy on the cute gender specific outfits instead of neutrals. We have received some gorgeous gifts from our friends and family. People love buying little things!

Baby Paicey's growing clothing collection.

I'd love to hear your comments, so please let me know if your planning on washing all your babies clothing before the little one wears it, or if you've done this is the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: