Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

31 Weeks Pregnant

With only 9 weeks to go we are in single digit weeks til my due date! It was a slow week for us Paice's and at 31 weeks pregnant it was just what I needed. Ive started to slow down in the speed I go about things and if I drop something its definitely getting hard to bend down and pick it up! Im feeling good mostly and getting more and more excited by the day. Im sleeping fairly well and rarely wake up to go to the toilet which is good, but worrying for my bladder as most of the pregnancy books I read say that I should be needing the loo several times a night by this stage. I had a bad night of heart burn and couldn't get to sleep and woke up really early with it too so Im taking Gaviscon before bed each night at this point.

I had a morning coffee date with a couple of friends and one had her little boy with her who is around 4 months old. She was breastfeeding and I was able to ask her a few questions about feeding and also about leaking. I even asked about going swimming while breastfeeding (as I can't wait to take our little one swimming and for lessons) and she assured me its fine and if I'm worried about leaking just to feed before going in the water.  When we went to leave Starbucks, a lovely man came over and said that I was a very beautiful pregnant lady and had a beautiful glow and smile. It was really kind of him and he really made my day! I took a few snaps once I got home to share how I was looking with a bit of tinted moisturiser, a slick of mascara and unbrushed hair. Perhaps he has a pregnant wife at home and knew it would really lift me up! Thank you to the kind gentleman! 


My bump is blossoming and the baby is moving, somersaulting and pressing into my sides all the time which is really nice and the thing that I will miss the most about being pregnant. Secret little movements that only I can feel. Its really special and something I will always remember.



Im still lathering on the Mama Mio stretch mark and boob tube creams from the top of my chest to my thighs every day, and have noticed a pesky little strechmark on my hip where I have old ones from my teenage years. None on my tummy and I'm crossing my fingers and toes it stays that way! I thought I would include a 'naked' pic of the bump as its at a really round and tidy stage. 
Excuse the bra!



At the end of the week I was booked in to see the GP for my 32 week checkup and we were given a clean bill of health. The fundal height of my uterus was measuring 33.5 weeks, only 1.5 weeks ahead, which isn't considered to be unusual as it can just be the way the baby is lying or how much amniotic fluid you are holding. The doctor speculated from the heart beat that it may be a girl but then the heart rate slowed slightly and we both just laughed as its really no way to tell. But it is fun having people suggest what they think we are having. We went to a friends house after their sons christening on Saturday and all of the women at the BBQ were saying they thought it was a boy for various reasons. When I got home and was brushing my teeth before bed, I said to Mr P 'What if it is a boy?' because he really thinks it is a girl and doesn't really discuss the possibility of a boy. Only time will tell! And time is moving along quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: