Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

32 Weeks Pregnant and a trip to Cornwall

We usually get away somewhere nice in June or July each year as this is when Mr P gets a month off from the rugby season. This year with the impending arrival of baby Paicey, we decided to stay in England. Most airlines do let pregnant woman fly up to 36 weeks but after 28 weeks this requires a fitness to fly certificate from your doctor. I am a very cautious person by nature and didn't want to take the risk of any complications arising if we were in a foreign country, plus it can be a very expensive time preparing for a baby! So we have been enjoying the great summer weather we have been experiencing here in England and set off to Cornwall for a long weekend. We stayed in St Ives at a beautiful spa hotel set right upon the beach.

We had such perfect weather for the 4 days we were away and the food was beautiful everywhere we ate. We enjoyed the spa facilities everyday with hubby using the gym, sauna and jacuzzi whilst I used the indoor swimming pool and had a massage and a pedicure in the treatment rooms. I wish we could go again, it was so relaxing and just what we needed. Mr P finally had some time to read some of The Baby Whisperer which has the E.A.S.Y routine that we intend to follow with baby Paicey so it is great that he is up to speed with it all. Our last getaway/babymoon as a twosome! I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the beaches were, however the water was still icy cold in our opinion and we didn't have a dip in the ocean as planned! I promise my 33 week update will be more 'pregnancy' related and ill go over my symptoms but plenty of bump photos in this post so I hope you enjoy xx

Enjoying a Cornish cloudy lemonade before dinner.
A beautiful lunch view in Newquay on our drive down the coast.
Rick Steins fish & chips at Padstow
Getting some sun on the bump!
I promise I am wearing my bikini it is just hidden by the bump!
Mr P at beautiful St Ives. Our hotel was up on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: