Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

14 Weeks

How far along: 14 weeks, 2 days.

Symptoms: I think I may have spoken too soon last week, saying I felt great. Ive had quite a lot of being sick this week, vomiting 3 times! I had plenty of all day nausea early on in my pregnancy but wasn't actually sick so this week came as quite a surprise. We put it down to not eating enough and I've had to increase my food intake by adding in snacks of apples and grapefruit and nuts throughout the day to ward of being sick and it seems to have helped. Fingers crossed. I am also quite tired during the day and feel really lazy.

Sleep: Im still having plenty of sleep and lovely morning lay ins but find myself waking up often throughout the night, I'm currently a very light sleeper. I have been waking quite tired even after 10 hours in bed. This business of making a human is tough work!

Weight Gain: I've put on another half a kg or 1 lb which I am happy about as the recommended weight gain for the second trimester is 1 lb per week as a guideline. Total weight gain is at 3.5 kg.

Food Cravings: Ive been eating quite healthy since being sick this week. Lots of homemade cheese and salad wraps with boiled eggs and not much chocolate at all surprisingly. Hope this healthy food craving sticks around as I really do eat what I feel like at the moment.

Best Moment: Not related to my pregnancy but my very good friend had quite a shock and delivered her baby 8 weeks early on Saturday morning. Hearing that they were both very well and happy was a wonderful moment.

Worst Moment: Being sick in the kitchen sink!

Movement: I am desperately trying to feel flutters again and resting my hand on my lower tummy whenever I get a quiet moment. Nothing definite to report!

Looking forward too: Feeling our baby move in my tummy! Come on baby Paicey. Im at the stage where theres no scans for quite some time, usually 20 weeks, so feeling movement would be so lovely.

Bump: Coming along nicely. I think I was quite bloated in my last pics as my tummy feels and looks smaller this week. My husband asked why I was pulling my t-shirt in tight for this photo, but you can't really see my tummy if I don't, so its really not too big but I still love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: