Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

15 Weeks... and counting

We've had a pretty uneventful but nice and relaxed week. I've been studying for 2 accountancy exams that I am taking at the end of February, mixed in with lunch out with Mr P for Valentines day and really enjoying being pregnant.
For valentines day I received beautiful flowers from the market as well as a delightfully huge box of hotel chocolat caramel selection choccy's. I got the hubby a very cute baby grow that says I love Daddy. Heres a summary of the week just gone and what I have been feeling.
Our Valentines day treats

How far along: 15 weeks, 4 days

Symptoms: I think I've got the hang of what triggers making me feel sick, which is if I go the slightest bit too long without having something to eat. I still get surprised by how quickly the nausea comes but it is quickly relieved with food. I experienced quite strong pains in my abdomen one evening and my old friend google suggested I hadn't had enough water. 2 Big glasses later and miraculously the pain subsided so my body sure is letting me know when I haven't eaten or drank enough water! Other than that, my lower back has been super sore, especially when rolling over in bed or walking up stairs. Kind of like a pinching feeling. I think I might need to invest in a pregnancy pillow sooner rather than later.

Sleep: A few good nights, a few bad nights. My Husbands constant moving and loud breathing has been irritating me lately which I am normally fine with so I'm putting it down to pregnancy hormones!

Weight Gain: I actually lost half a kg this week which is weird, especially considering my growing belly. 

Food Cravings: I'm not really craving anything per say. I've gone off steak which we usually have once or twice a week. I've substituted my piece of steak for a big jacket potato with cheese and sour cream so that hubby can still enjoy his weekly steak fest (due to Mr P's rugby training schedule he doesn't have the potato as he tries to go mostly carb free). On Saturday night after a huge away win by Mr P's team and a try from my husband, we decided to order a pizza (naughty) and I also ordered a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream in cookie dough flavour. After eating half a tub straight from the container I decided that should do it and popped it back in the freezer. I couldn't stop thinking about it and 30 mins later I retrieved it and ate the lot! Ive never done that before.. I definitely used being pregnant as a lovely excuse.

Best Moment: My favourite moment this week was on Friday when I went to the NICU at St Peter's hospital and visited my friend Jenny's beautiful new son Noah. He was so teeny tiny but absolutely perfect in every way. I even got to hold his little hand. He will be one of baby Paicey's first friends which is so lovely.

Worst Moment: No worst moments really. Studying is a real drag and I don't feel the most productive. I can't wait to sit these exams, they will be my last ones until after our baby arrives.

Movement: I recently blogged about feeling tapping on my tummy earlier in the week. I haven't felt anything similar since, so I'm still not sure if it was baby. But I can definitely feel little wiggles when I put my hand over my tummy and take some time when I am lying down or sitting still. My husband hasn't been able to feel anything yet. I signed up for weekly online pregnancy updates on baby centre, and this week it said that if you shine a torch onto your tummy, the baby can now see light and will move away from it. I really wanted to try this out but Mr P told me I couldn't torment our little baby like that and to leave it alone, our jelly bean will move when he or she wants too!

Looking forward too: We are looking into a holiday in 2 weeks time. Its so cold and wet here so its all about the sunshine and where we can get it! We are looking at Dubai which is more expensive but guaranteed sunshine, whereas the canary islands are cheaper, but still a little cold at this time of year. Looking forward to sunning the bump and hoping it pops out slightly more in 2 weeks so I definitely look pregnant and not fat in a bikini!

Bump: Popping out more and more. Its my favourite past time to look in the mirror at my little bump!

The Bump is coming! I think its lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: