Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

16 Week Update

Oh my gosh I finally have a minute to update the blog! What a full on week this has been. Its always busy when I have exams and they always take a lot out of me but even more so while growing this tiny human being inside me! I had a 3 hour exam yesterday afternoon and another this morning so can everyone keep there fingers crossed for me that I did enough to pass pretty please?

Now onto baby Paicey, the little munchkin is doing fabulous. I know this as I just came out of my 16 week midwife appointment. I am 16 weeks, 5 days so the appointment and this post are a little late. I had my blood tests reviewed and all came up great. Blood pressure and urine samples today were good and our jelly beans heart rate was really strong at 146 beats per minute.

I had a scare last week when I had a very minor accident in the car. I ran up the back of a motorcyclist but going very slowly as I had slammed on my breaks. It was more scary than anything, no-one was hurt and very minimal damage. Thankfully the lady I ran into was lovely and really nice about it all as I was so shocked that she was comforting me when I imagine it was more scary for her!
I booked in to the GP for a check up the next day and the doctor could not find my little ones heartbeat on her doppler. She booked me into the early pregnancy unit at the hospital for a scan but couldn't get an appointment for 5 days. So we had a long wait and my husband was quite worried but I just felt everything was fine with the baby so tried to put it out of my mind. On Monday I went into the hospital and the nurse found the heartbeat on the doppler immediately and didn't proceed with the scan. The nurse at the hospital was appalled that I had waited 5 days without knowing if the baby was ok and said I could have come right in that same day if my doctor had told them that she hadn't found a heartbeat. Needless to say, I will not be going back to that doctor as she had no empathy towards a first time mum to be or any mum to be really.

I think its safe to say that my bump has finally popped out and I feel pregnant! But not in that awful feeling sick kind of pregnancy way, just that I am super proud of my little bump and I love it. I wonder if I will feel that way at the end?! I've been feeling great this week. No nausea at all and tiredness kept at bay. There has been a huge difference so far in the second trimester to how I felt in the first trimester. The only issue i've had the past week has been a very sore lower back.

Mr P and I have booked a holiday to Lanzarote for a week on Sunday. The temperatures are a high of 21 and low of 16 so not boiling hot but so much nicer, dryer and sunnier than the British winter we are having. I am really looking forward to a week of relaxing, spas, eating, sun baking and reading books all whilst enjoying my husbands company. A little babymoon for us! Ill post a pic of the bump on holiday in Lanzarote for my 17 week update, but for now here are 2 photos of my bump popping out. Excuse the photos, I had just finished my exams and been running around like a mad woman!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment: